In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we wish to express our gratitude to everyone who has chosen Family Resource Home Care! With the holidays approaching, we also wish to remind you of the many ways that we can support you and your family during the holiday season. In addition to the services we currently provide you:
- We are available to help you continue beloved holiday traditions such as decorating, baking, visiting festive light displays, or addressing holiday cards with the assistance of your caregiver.
- Caregivers can provide transportation as well as accompany clients and families on plane flights and trips out of town if your holiday plans call for travel regionally or even further afar.
- The extra support of a caregiver can help family members in the home, or who come to visit, relax and simply enjoy the holiday time with loved ones, rather than worrying about the daily care and needs.
- Caregivers can engage in holiday traditions or just provide company if you are unable to be with family this year during the holidays. Consider utilizing a caregiver to fill in as a ‘temporary’ child or grandchild.
- Traditional meal preparation can be managed by the caregiver, ensuring that holiday favorites are enjoyed.
- A trusted caregiver can provide comfort and companionship for clients who are away from family. Especially this year when social distancing, isolation, and loneliness during the holidays may be a serious concern.
- Maintaining your caregiver services better supports consistency of routine and care, and also helps ensure that your preferred caregiver will continue to be available to you in the months after the holidays (versus being assigned to a new client).
- Shopping and transportation for holiday gifts, supplies, or meal preparations are activities where a caregiver can accompany clients, ensuring their safety.
- Caregivers are trusted companions that become an extension of the family and their presence during the holiday season can bolster the overall joyous environment, while reducing stress for families.
Let us help you make the holidays this year safer, more enjoyable, and more festive with the added support of your caregiving team.