Family Resource Home Care Response to November COVID-19 Surge
November 16, 2020
Family Resource Caregivers,
As our nation experiences another increase in COVID-19 cases, we want to make sure you are informed of what Family Resource Home Care is doing in our effort to keep you and your clients safe. And what you can do to help.
Resources for You:
- Plans and Guidelines: Straight-forward policies are put in place for both caregivers and office staff. See our field staff policy attached here.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Family Resource Home Care has procured large amounts of disposable masks. You should comfortably be able to have 1 mask per shift. In addition, we will make gloves, goggles, or any other appropriate PPE available to you if needed. Please contact your local branch to obtain more PPE. Reference the enclosed policy for additional information on requirements.
- Screening Questions: As you are aware, you are asked screening questions prior to starting your shift. Please answer these honestly. Staff will contact you to triage any answers that could cause potential exposure to you, your clients, and others.
- Childcare: As a reminder, home care workers have been classified as essential workers. As part of the Coronavirus response, many counties, cities, and school districts are offering free or low-cost childcare to essential workers. If you need childcare, please search online for Essential Worker resources in your area. Our EAP can help with this as well.
- Time Off: Accrued paid sick leave can be used for approved reasons such as illness, mandated quarantine, or medical appointments. Should you be exposed to COVID-19 on the job, you will be eligible for workers’ compensation to pay for testing, medical appointments, and/or time missed from work. If you are ineligible or out of sick time and must miss work due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for unemployment or other state assistance programs. Please contact HR for more information.
- Testing: Free COVID-19 testing & lab services for those on FRHC’s medical plan is available. Contact HMA Customer Service at the number on the back of your medical card for more details. For those not of FRHC medical plans, there are free community testing sites. Please contact your office for assistance in locating.
- Employee Assistance Program: We understand that navigating this pandemic may be causing emotional stress, financial stress, or other personal burdens. Remember, you and your immediate dependents have access to our EAP 24/7. Our EAP offers counseling, financial guidance, and other resources that can help you find greater balance in your personal life. You can reach them at 1-877-240-6863.
- Training: A free COVID-19 training is available. Please follow the steps to below to complete the course:
- Go to https://covidcert.nextstep.careers/ (Must use Google Chrome; do not use Internet Explorer)
- Click on the “Enroll Now” button
- On the checkout page, click on the orange “Click Here to Enter Discount Code”
- Enter code FamilyResourceHomeCare850 in the orange block and click “Apply”
- After completion of the course, you will need to send your certificate of completion to email@example.com or to the branch. Sending your certificate is the only way we can provide you with the 3 CE’s.
What Can You Do to Help?
- Follow CDC and state guidelines at work AND in your personal life. Limit your interactions with people outside your household and wear a mask when required. As an essential worker, you play an important role in keeping our most vulnerable population safe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Social distance when possible.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily in your home and your clients.
- Get your flu vaccination.
- Self-monitor and stay home when sick.
Our company is full of brave heroes like you and we appreciate the hard work you are doing. If there is anything else we can do to help you feel safe at work, please contact your supervisor.