Website Family Resource Home Care
The Controller is a director-level position and is responsible for overseeing all the accounting operations of the company to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, financial reconciliation, reporting, analysis, and tax filings.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Direct day-to-day operations of the accounting department
2. Manage and maintain accounting policies and procedures, facilitating effective training and communication to all stakeholders
3. Ensure accurate and timely transactions take place in receivables, payables, etc.
4. Ensure reconciliations are completed on a periodic basis
5. Prepare timely financial reports and analysis for leadership throughout the organization
6. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
7. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors
8. Coordinate budgeting and cash forecasts with CFO and department leaders
9. Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of reports
10. Manage and evaluate the accounting department structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in an Accounting, 2 years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, training, and coaching skills
- Technical proficiency in utilizing computers and generating reports
- Adaptability and flexibility
- MBA or MA/MS in a related field
- CPA Strongly Preferred
- Related Experience in a mid-to-large-sized company
- Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Experience in the health care field
The Controller will spend 100% of their time in an office environment indoors. This will require time both spent at a computer station for office work and standing for training.
The usual business hours for this role will be Monday through Friday 8am-5pm, however this role will require some evening and weekends to meet job requirements.
This position will require travel as appropriate, approximately 15-25% of the time.
This position will have minimal supervision.
This position is eligible for FRHC’s telework and remote work arrangements. Please see the respective policies for additional qualifications.
Role may require frequent standing, walking, sitting, keyboarding, and driving. Occasional twisting, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, kneeling or squatting. Seldom work above shoulders, and operation of equipment.
Position will require the employee to talk and hear.
Lifting can range from frequent 10 lbs. or less to seldom lifting of greater than 50 lbs.
This position is directly responsible for leading individual contributors of the accounting depart.